RFI / Vendor Due Diligence
Choosing the right providers (particularly when doing integration work) requires finding a match between client & vendor size as well as a good service fit.
- A big vendor may not adequately value a small client — they may present their best engineers during presales & then staff the project with junior personnel.
- The vendor’s orientation must be aligned with yours; software product development & delivery is not well served by a shop predominantly focused on IT support services or businesss process outsourcing.
We follow a rigorous selection process:
Request For Information (RFI)
The RFI includes sections on the vendor's:
- Business profile & vision
- Development, quality & delivery processes
- Recruiting & training procedures
- Municipal & company infrastructure
- Data security & intellectual property protection procedures
- Customer references
- Your project requirements
Questions from the vendor are actively solicited as they can be very useful in enhancing the production process.
Request For Proposal (RFP)
Vendors shortlisted following the RFI are asked to respond to an RFP, which should provide the vendor with all of the guidelines and detail they require to prepare a bid. All requirements for the first project must be included. The provider is also asked to propose innovative solutions to the challenges of the project.
The shortlisted vendors are invited to give in-depth presentations on their companies & their capabilities. These meetings should follow well-defined agendas starting with a full introduction to your company & your objectives.
The vendor visit enables you to:
- Verify many of the vendor's claims
- Meet & get to know a broad spectrum of their employees
- Judge the fit of their organizational & national cultures to yours
- Examine the infrastructure of the company & the community
- Better understand the vendor's processes
An important part of the vendor visit is meeting, interviewing, & confirming candidate team members, especially the team manager or lead. They will become your champions within the provider’s shop so it is vital to establish a strong relationship with them during the visit.
Mobile: +33 659 33 44 28